Atlantic Provinces -> Prince Edward Island Tax
Prince Edward Island Tax
PEI Government Links
Health Care in Prince Edward Island
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Links
Government benefits, programs and services for PEI residents
2016 Budget - April 19, 2016 - on PE government website
- HST will increase from 14% to 15% effective
October 1, 2016 - see 2016 Sales
See Bill 32 An Act to Amend the Income Tax Act, on the PEI Legislative Assembly website. Bill 32 received Royal Assent on May 13, 2016.
2015 Budget - June 19, 2015 - on PE government website
- low income tax reduction threshold increased from
$15,000 to $17,000, levels of basic credits to be adjusted (no detail yet
2014 Budget - April 8, 2014 - on PE government website (no tax changes)
2013 Budget - March 27, 2013 - on PE government website
Several changes are being implemented in conjunction with the implementation of the HST effective April 1, 2013:- Small business tax rate increases to 4.5% from 1% on April 1, 2013.
- Dividend tax credit for non-eligible dividends will be adjusted, as per Bill 47, from 5% of gross-up to 14.5% of gross-up.
- Provincial tax on gasoline will be reduced by 2.7 cents to 13.1 cents per litre.
- Taxes on tobacco will be adjusted
- A provincial refundable tax credit will be introduced for low and modest-income Islanders, beginning in July 2013.
2012 Budget April 18, 2012 - on PE government website
2011 Budget April 6, 2011 - on PE government website (no income tax changes)
2010 Budget - on PE government website (no income tax changes)
2009 Budget - on PE government website (no income tax changes)
Revised: December 20, 2016
Copyright © 2002 - 2017 Boat Harbour Investments Ltd. All Rights Reserved See Reproduction of information from TaxTips.ca