Personal Tax -> Dividend tax credits -> Enhanced dividend tax credit -> Enhanced Dividend Tax Credit Rates
Federal & Provincial/Territorial Enhanced Dividend Tax Credit Rates
Rates are as known at November 19, 2017.
(1) NL DTC rate for eligible dividends received from January 1 to June 30, 2014 is 11% of the grossed-up taxable dividend, and 15.18% of the actual dividend. The DTC rate for 2014 in the above tables is for eligible dividends received on or after July 1, 2014.
NL DTC rate for eligible dividends received from January 1 to June 30, 2010 is 9.6% of the grossed-up taxable dividend, and 13.82% of the actual dividend. The DTC rate for 2010 in the above tables is for eligible dividends received on or after July 1, 2010.
(2) The NB Income Tax Act (ITA) defines the dividend tax credit calculation as using the fraction of the federal gross-up amount that will yield a NB dividend tax credit rate of 12%.
(3) PEI dividend tax credit rate for 2010 to 2012 for eligible dividends revised by Bill 26, Income Tax (Dividend Tax Credits) Amendment Act in December 2010.
(4) NS is as per Bill 27 Financial Measures (2011) Act, introduced in April 2011.
(5) YT rate is dependent on corporate income tax rates, gross-up % and highest personal income tax (PIT) rate. Revised as per YT 2015 Budget increase in highest PIT rate. The 2018 rate is revised based in the reduction of the general corporate income tax rate effective July 1, 2017, as per the YT 2017 Budget.
(6) NT rates for 2011 and later years as per legislation revised in November 2010.
(7) BC rate for 2012 and later years as per BC 2012 Budget.
(8) MB rate for 2012 and later years as per MB 2012 Budget.
(9) ON rate for 2014 and later years as per ON November 7, 2013 Economic Outlook. See ON dividend tax credit article.
(10) SK rate as % of taxable dividend was revised for 2018 and subsequent years to 11% of the taxable dividend by Bill 84, November 2017.
(11) NB rates for 2016 and 2017 revised by Bill 32, which received Royal Assent in July 2016.
See also our article which shows the maximum amount of dividends that can be received before any tax is payable.
Revised: April 15, 2018
Copyright © 2002 Boat Harbour Investments Ltd. All Rights Reserved. See Reproduction of information from TaxTips.ca