Quebec -> Budgets
Quebec Economic Update - June 19, 2020 - on Quebec website
- The economic update details the reduction of $8.8 billion to Quebec's revenue due to the economic contraction, and provides information on fiscal measures taken re COVID-19.
- deadlines extended for filing personal income tax returns and paying income tax balances and contributions.
- doubling the new refundable tax credit for caregivers for 2020, and making it available to caregivers of spouses of any age and caregivers having no family relationship with the care receiver.
- implementing a single school tax rate based on the lowest effective rate in Quebec, ahead of schedule.
- deferral and reduction of tax levies on businesses, and accelerated payment of tax credits to businesses.
See also Relief Measures introduced re COVID-19.
Quebec 2020 Budget - March 10, 2020 - on Quebec website
See 2020 Budget Additional Information (pdf) for Fiscal Measures. The refundable tax credit for caregivers will be enhanced and made more accessible. There are many measures concerning businesses, but no change in personal or corporate income tax rates or dividend tax credit rates.
Quebec Fall Economic Update - November 7, 2019 - on Quebec website
- Family allowance enhanced for 2020
- Amend tax legislation to enable Revenu Quebec to pay the QST component of the solidarity tax credit to social assistance recipients without them having to file a tax return.
- Public prescription drug insurance plan exemptions adjusted for 2019.
- Amendments re deferral of payment of tax on deemed disposition of interests in a qualified public corporation.
Quebec 2019 Budget - March 21, 2019 - on Quebec website
- enhancement for 2019 of the tax credit for experienced workers, which is renamed to the Tax Credit for Career Extension
- Introduction of a refundable tax credit for SMBs to encourage them to hire or retain workers aged 60+, with maximum credit of $1,250 to $1,875 annually per employee, depending on age.
- Eligible expenses for refundable tax credit for reporting of tips to include provisions re days of leave for family obligations or health reasons
- Government will make it mandatory for individuals who operate a digital accommodation platform to register for the tax on lodging, collect the tax and remit it to Revenu Quebec, the same as operators of sleeping-accommodation establishments located in Quebec tourism regions where the tax applies.
- Revenu Quebec will establish, in cooperation with the financial market sector, a new tax slip that will make it easier to report financial market transactions to investors.
For complete information on fiscal measures, see Additional Information on the Fiscal Measures in the Budget Additional Information document.
2017 Economic Plan Update - November 21, 2017
October 2016 Economic Update - on Quebec Ministry of Finance website - Health Contribution eliminated effective January 1, 2017, ahead of schedule.
2016 Budget - March 17, 2016
2015 Budget - March 26, 2015
2014 Budget - June 4, 2014
- on QC website, no new income tax measures for 2012
2011 Budget - March 17, 2011
2010 Budget - March 30, 2010
2009 Budget - March 19, 2009, and January 14, 2009 Economic Statement
2008 Budget - March 13, 2008
2007 Budget - May 24, 2007
Revised: June 19, 2020
Copyright © 2002 Boat Harbour Investments Ltd. All Rights Reserved. See Reproduction of information from TaxTips.ca