TaxTips.ca
Canadian Tax and
Financial Information
Ontario Personal Tax Rates

TaxTips.ca does not research or endorse any product   or service appearing in ads on this site.  Before making a major financial decision you  should consult a qualified professional.

Looking for US tax information?
See
USTaxTips.net

Need an accounting, tax or financial advisor? Look in our Business Directory.    

Home
What's New
Calculators
Personal Tax
Business
Sales Taxes
Free in 30!
Financial Planning
RRSP RRIF TFSA
Real Estate
Stocks Bonds etc.
Seniors
Disabilities
Canada
Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
Ontario
Quebec
Saskatchewan
Atlantic Provinces
Territories
Federal Budget
Provincial Budgets
Statistics etc.
Glossary
Site Map
Business Directory
Advertise With Us
Contact Us/About Us
Links & Resources


Ontario
Tax Rates - Current Marginal Tax Rates -> Ontario Personal Income Tax Rates

Ontario 2013 and 2014 Personal Marginal Income Tax Rates

The Ontario tax brackets and personal amount were increased for 2014 by an indexation factor of 1.010.  The Federal tax brackets and personal amount were increased for 2014 by an indexation factor of 1.009.  Provincial bracket thresholds and personal amounts for 2014 have been confirmed.

Please read the article Understanding the Tables of Personal Income Tax Rates.

Ontario (ON)
Personal Income Tax Brackets and Tax Rates Before Surtax

2014 Taxable Income   2014 Tax Rates 2013 Taxable Income   2013 Tax Rates
first $40,120 5.05% first $39,723 5.05%
over $40,120 up to $80,242 9.15% over $39,723 up to $79,448 9.15%
over $80,242 up to $514,090 11.16% over $79,448 up to $509,000 11.16%
over $514,090 13.16% over $509,000 13.16%

Ontario (ON)
Combined Federal & Provincial Tax Brackets and Tax Rates Including Surtaxes

2014 Taxable Income   2014 Marginal Tax Rates 2013 Taxable Income   2013 Marginal Tax Rates
Other
Income
Capital
Gains
Canadian Dividends Other
Income
Capital
Gains
Canadian Dividends
Eligible
Dividends
Non-Eligible
Dividends
Eligible
Dividends
Non-Eligible
Dividends
first $40,120 20.05% 10.03% -6.86% 5.35% first $39,723 20.05% 10.03% -1.89% 2.77%
over $40,120 up to $43,953 24.15% 12.08% -1.20% 10.19% over $39,723 up to $43,561 24.15% 12.08% 3.77% 7.90%
over $43,953 up to $70,651 31.15% 15.58% 8.46% 18.45% over $43,561 up to $69,963 31.15% 15.58% 13.43% 16.65%
over $70,651 up to $80,242 32.98% 16.49% 10.99% 20.61% over $69,963 up to $79,448 32.98% 16.49% 14.19% 17.81%
over $80,242 up to $83,237 35.39% 17.70% 14.31% 23.45% over $79,448 up to $82,422 35.39% 17.70% 17.52% 20.82%
over $83,237 up to $87,907 39.41% 19.70% 19.86% 28.19% over $82,422 up to $87,123 39.41% 19.70% 19.88% 23.82%
over $87,907 up to $136,270 43.41% 21.70% 25.38% 32.91% over $87,123 up to $135,054 43.41% 21.70% 25.40% 28.82%
over $136,270 up to $514,090 46.41% 23.20% 29.52% 36.45% over $135,054 up to $509,000 46.41% 23.20% 29.54% 32.57%
over $514,090 49.53% 24.76% 33.82% 40.13% over $509,000 49.53% 24.76% 33.85% 36.47%

Marginal tax rate for dividends is a % of actual dividends received (not grossed-up amount).
Marginal tax rate for capital gains is a % of total capital gains (not taxable capital gains).
Note:  Gross-up rate for non-eligible dividends is 18% in 2014, 25% in 2013.  2014 dividend rates include changes announced in Ontario November 7, 2013 Economic Update.  For more information see ON dividend tax credits.
Marginal tax rates above do not include the Ontario Health Premium, which increases the above rates by up to 1.2%

ON Surtaxes
2014 2013
ON surtax rate (included in above rates) 20% 36% ON surtax rate (included in above rates) 20% 36%
Surtax is on ON tax greater than $ 4,331 $ 5,543 Surtax is on ON tax greater than $ 4,289 $ 5,489
Person with only basic personal amount - surtax starts at taxable income of $ 70,651 $ 83,237 Person with only basic personal amount - surtax starts at taxable income of $ 69,963 $ 82,422
Note that the 36% surtax is in addition to the 20% surtax, for a total surtax of 56%.  The surtax increases the 2014 rate of 13.16% to 20.53% (13.16% x 1.56).
 
ON Basic Personal Amount
2014 Tax Rate 2013 Tax Rate
$9,670 5.05% $9,574 5.05%
Federal Basic Personal Amount
2014 Tax Rate 2013 Tax Rate
$11,138 15.00% $11,038 15.00%

 

Revised: November 15, 2013

 

Copyright © 2002 - 2014 Boat Harbour Investments Ltd. All Rights Reserved  See Reproduction of information from TaxTips.ca

Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Monthly Newsletter Sign-up | What’s New E-mail Notification | RSS News Feed
The information on this site is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice.  Each person's situation differs, and a professional advisor can assist you in using the information on this web site to your best advantage. See our Business Directory for tax, accounting and finance-related firms in your area.
Please see our legal disclaimer regarding the use of information on our site, and our Privacy Policy regarding information that may be collected from visitors to our site.