Canadians are invited to contribute their ideas to the Government's pre-budget consultations through in-person and digital events with Parliamentarians. They can also send in submissions through the Your Budget website, either by completing a survey, sending an email, or both. No end date has been indicated for the consultations.
2018 Fall Economic Statement November 21, 2018 - on Department of Finance website. Main points:
- No personal income tax changes
- full immediate cost write-off for machinery and equipment purchased after November 20, 2018 and used in the manufacturing and processing of goods
- full immediate cost write-off for specified clean energy equipment purchased after November 20, 2018
- $800 million to be added to the Strategic Innovation Fund over 5 years, with $100 million to be focussed on providing support to the forest sector.
- See November 21, 2018 Notice of Ways and Means Motion and Explanatory Notes for more details.
2018 Federal Budget February 27, 2018 and Subsequent Legislation
2017 Small Business Tax Changes - Tax On Split Income / Income Sprinkling
2018 Federal Budget - Pre-Budget Consultations - on Department of Finance website. No end date for the consultation period has yet been announced.
2017 Fall Economic Statement October 24, 2017
2017 Federal Budget - March 22, 2017 and July 18, 2017 Proposed Tax Changes for Private Corporations
2016 Fall Economic Statement November 1, 2016 - on Department of Finance website
2016 Federal Budget March 22, 2016
2015 Federal Budget April 21, 2015
October 2014 Federal Update - new Family Tax Cut, UCCB increased, Child Tax Credit eliminated, Child Care Expense Deduction increased
2014 Federal Budget / Economic Action Plan February 11, 2014
2013 Federal Budget / Economic action plan - March 21, 2013
2012 Federal Budget - March 29, 2012 - and subsequent legislation
2011 Federal Budget - June 6, 2011
2009 Federal Budget - Canada's Economic Action Plan
2008 Federal Budget and 2008 Economic and Fiscal Statement
Revised: November 29, 2018
Copyright © 2002 Boat Harbour Investments Ltd. All Rights Reserved. See Reproduction of information from TaxTips.ca