Saskatchewan -> Budgets
2018 Budget - April 10, 2018 - on SK website
- The non-eligible dividend tax credit rate will be revised to 3.333% of the taxable dividend (24.162% of the gross-up) for 2018, and to 3.362% of the taxable dividend for 2019 (25.773% of the lower 15% gross-up).
- PST exemption for used light vehicles is being removed effective April 11. If a vehicle is traded in, the PST will only be paid on the difference in price between the trade-in and the purchased vehicle. PST will not be charged for used vehicles gifted between qualifying family members (spouses, parents or legal guardians, children, grandparents, grandchildren or siblings), and will not be applied to the private sale of used vehicles with a purchase price of $5,000 or less.
- PST exemption for Energy Star appliances is being discontinued.
- no increases in rates of any provincial taxes.
On November 6, 2017, Saskatchewan introduced Bill 84, An Act to amend The Income Tax Act, 2000 respecting Business Taxation (pdf). It received Royal Assent on November 7, 2017. This Act does the following:
- increases the general corporate income tax rate from 11.5% to 12% effective January 1, 2018
- increases the small business deduction threshold from $500,000 to $600,000 effective January 1, 2018
- revises the enhanced dividend tax credit rate for eligible dividends to 11% for 2018 and subsequent years. The Saskatchewan tax rate tables, and income tax calculators have been revised to reflect this change.
2016 Budget June 1, 2016 - on SK Finance site
Bill 22 The Income Tax Amendment Act, 2016, which received Royal Assent on June 30, 2016, contains amendments for the above items.
2015 Budget March 18, 2015 - on SK Finance site
2014 Budget March 19, 2014 - on SK Finance site
2013 Budget - on SK Finance site
2011 Budget - on SK Finance site
Main tax changes:
2010 Budget - on SK Finance site
2009 Budget - on SK Finance site
Revised: May 24, 2018
Copyright © 2002 Boat Harbour Investments Ltd. All Rights Reserved. See Reproduction of information from TaxTips.ca