-> 2007 Budget
Saskatchewan 2007 Budget
- no changes to personal income tax brackets or rates
- new Graduate Tax Exemption (see below) of $10,000 per year for 5 years will replace the existing Post-Secondary Graduate Tax Credit, effective for the 2007 tax year.
- Federal income tax measures affecting taxable income that automatically affect provincial taxable income in all provinces and territories except Quebec:
- effective January 1, 2007, eligible pension income can be split between spouses. See the article on pension splitting.
- lifetime capital gains deduction increased from $500,000 to $750,000.
See Saskatchewan 2007-08 Budget Documents and Backgrounders on the SK website.
Revised: May 20, 2021
Copyright © 2002 Boat Harbour Investments Ltd. All Rights Reserved. See Reproduction of information from TaxTips.ca